A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap that is placed over a tooth, helping to restore its shape, size, strength or improve its appearance.
A crown not only strengthens a tooth, but also can dramatically improve a tooth’s appearance, shape and alignment.
When the crown is adhered into place, it will fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line.
Crowns may be used to:
- Replace a large filling when only minimal tooth structure remains
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing
- Restore a fractured tooth
- Attach a bridge
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth
- Cover a tooth that has had root canal treatment
To learn more about Bloomfield Hills crown dentist, Glenn Spencer DDS, any of our Bloomfield Hills dental services or to request an appointment, please contact our office or call us directly at (248) 646-6363.